How to install tensorflow on Python 2.7 in Windows?
marc nicole
2024-06-26 15:29:00 UTC
Browsing the available version of tensorflow for the dates before January
2021 (date when Python 2.7 stopped being supported) I can't find a
tensorflow version for Python 2.7 that works under Windows.

The reference site I use is https://pypi.org/project/tensorflow/

Anybody can point out a compatible .whl file with Python 2.7 and Windows?
Mats Wichmann
2024-06-26 19:40:12 UTC
Post by marc nicole
Browsing the available version of tensorflow for the dates before January
2021 (date when Python 2.7 stopped being supported) I can't find a
tensorflow version for Python 2.7 that works under Windows.
The reference site I use is https://pypi.org/project/tensorflow/
Anybody can point out a compatible .whl file with Python 2.7 and Windows?
The last version of tensorflow to support Python 2.7 was indeed 2.1, and
I don't think there was *ever* an official Windows wheel for Python 2,
but I'm not that expert to be completely sure. tensorflow support on
Windows has never been good, and in a way they've given up, at least
part of the fight: they no longer produce official releases for Windows
with GPU support (although you may be able to get one from the vendor
that produces the GPU hardware like Nvidia or Intel, or from a third
party like Amazon Web Services). The official recommendation for WIndows
used to be "build your own" (which nearly always failed), then for a few
years they tried making Windows builds, now the new "best practice"
recommendation is to install on WSL if you want to run on a Windows box
(this *might* work for you, unless you're also on an ancient Windows
that won't run WSL). Or, try seeing if you can find a docker setup
(which, again, will give you a Linux environment running tensorflow).

Note that like your other problem, getting numpy going, this is going to
be an uphill battle trying to cobble things together to run on 2.7.
This is really the problem when something like Python goes out of date /
out of support: it's not that it magically stops working, it's that vast
amounts of the ecosystem around it stop providing support for *their*
bits on the old version, and the combinations become progressively
harder to make work.