Error codes
Charlotte Plant
2024-08-11 12:06:49 UTC
Hiya, I'm using the sims 4 mod constructor by Zerbu, and when saving I'm getting these error codes.
I'm going around in circles trying to figure out what is causing it, and I'm stuck!
Can you help please?
Thank you.
Errors:
There was an error compiling the generated Python script. This can happen if you tried to install Python but the isntallation was interrupted. Please try running the installer again. It should be located in the "Python Installer" subfolder of where you extracted Mod Constructor.
Element ID: (No Element)
Element Name: (No Element)
---

Could not find file 'C:\Users\Charl\OneDrive\Documents\The Sims 4 Mod Constructor\Projects\MetalMummysMods_Ehlers-DanlosMod\Python\__pycache__\MetalMummysMods_Ehlers-DanlosMod.cpython-37.pyc'.
Element ID: (No Element)
Element Name: (No Element)
---

Sent from Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
Barry Scott
2024-08-13 13:29:46 UTC
Post by Charlotte Plant
[...]
These are app specific errors. The most likely source of help will be to ask Zerbu,
who I assume is the author and maintainer.

Barry
Post by Charlotte Plant
---
Sent from Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>
Albert-Jan Roskam
2024-08-13 19:46:20 UTC
On Aug 13, 2024 15:29, Barry Scott via Python-list
Post by Charlotte Plant
Could not find file 'C:\Users\Charl\OneDrive\Documents\The Sims 4 Mod
Constructor\Projects\MetalMummysMods_Ehlers-DanlosMod\Python\__pycache__\MetalMummysMods_Ehlers-DanlosMod.cpython-37.pyc'.
Post by Charlotte Plant
Element ID: (No Element)
Element Name: (No Element)
========
Wild guess: do you have sufficicient permissions to write the .pyc files?
What happens if you run the program with the -B option?
https://docs.python.org/3/using/cmdline.html#envvar-PYTHONDONTWRITEBYTECODE